Thursday, April 8, 2010

metamorphosis of a blog

This started a bit over two months ago as a kind of diary just for myself.  It was private, unreadable, and could not be found by any search engine.  After deciding that there may be benefit not only for myself but also others who read it, I chose to share it with those who knew about battles with debt throughout the years; my immediate family.  Then it was discovered by a reporter from The New York Times.  It was at that point that I realized that I'm not shy about talking about these things and with the state of our nation's economy and our spendthrift culture fixated on instant gratification, chances are that many share my plight either currently or have at some time in the past.  I suspect that I know a lot more people in debt than not.

This blog started as personal accountability, but it has become motivation.  I have no idea how many people are reading, but I know there are a few.  I don't even know who they are, but someone has been looking at these pages.  Knowing that someone is taking an interest in what I'm trying to do makes me want to work harder to pay off my debt so I can post another big accomplishment.  YOU, dear mystery readers, have become a piece of my motivation.  I hope that I can inspire you, too!

No comments:

Get 15% off
your first order
use code positron
Home Essentials
Buy Home Essentials at Soap.comBuy Home Essentials at Soap.com
Not valid for existing Diapers.com or Soap.com customers. Some resctrictions apply.