Sunday, May 16, 2010

We've crossed another threshold!

Total paid since starting this project on February 5th, 2010: $5,068!!

and my $1,000 Emergency Fund is still actively preventing emergencies from occuring. It's amazing how few emergencies happen when you're prepared.

I'm one-third of the way to my 2010 goal. I am right on track to pay off $15k this year! Maybe I can achieve a -0- net worth by the end of the year. I could be worthless! : )


Thank you so much for the comments and kudos! I think I'm a pretty average American debt story. All I've done differently is choose to talk about the financial mess I've created and the hard work and sacrifices that it is now taking to make a better life for myself and my girls. Having the support of regular readers and those just passing through keeps helps to keep me motivated, so thank you, thank you, thank you!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Good luck getting worthless this year! :)

Michelle said...

I remember crossing that threshhold - it was about 4 months after starting our TMMO and it was AWESOME! I think you can do it.

laura@nms said...

Hi, found you through the NYT article and just wanted to say great progress!
:-)

passerby said...

Another NYT reader. Just a quick word to say I think both your attitude and progress are great. All the best!

Anonymous said...

reading your blog is re-motivating me and reminding me of how good each of those steps felt as i was paying off my debt. it took me a little over two years to pay off my private student loan, my car, a line of credit, and several credit cards, and now i've just got one little ol' 3% federal student loan, a healthy savings account, and a wedding and honeymoon that i paid for in cash. feels like a totally different - and much less stressful! - life, but now i need the motivation to turn that debt-fighting energy into serious saving energy! thanks, and keep up the good work!

Get 15% off
your first order
use code positron
Home Essentials
Buy Home Essentials at Soap.comBuy Home Essentials at Soap.com
Not valid for existing Diapers.com or Soap.com customers. Some resctrictions apply.